NEW: $$$ Law 360 discusses Chancellor Bouchard’s announced retirement in Bouchard’s Surprise Exit Opens Uncertain Void On Chancery.
$$$ Law360 discusses Chancellor Bouchard’s top decisions in Bouchard Rulings That Shaped Delaware Corporate Law.
$$$ Delaware Business Court Insider discusses Chancellor Bouchard’s retirement and career within Chancery Court in Bouchard Announces April Retirement, Ending 34 Years of Practice and Judging in Chancery Court.
1st State Update discusses the Chancellor’s retirement announcement in Bouchard Announces Retirement From Court Of Chancery.
WTOP discusses Chancellor Bouchard stepping down in Head of Delaware Chancery Court stepping down.
The Delaware News Journal discusses Chancellor Bouchard’s announced retirement in Head of Delaware Chancery Court Andre Bouchard stepping down.
WDEL discusses Chancellor Bouchard’s announced retirement in Delaware Court of Chancery chancellor to retire next year.
The following announced the Delaware Senate’s confirmation of the appointment of Paul Fioravanti, Jr. as Vice Chancellor of the Delaware Court of Chancery:
- NEW: Delaware Business Now: Senate confirms Fioravanti to Chancery post.
- $$$ Bloomberg Law: Delaware Senate Confirms Fioravanti for Court of Chancery Post.
- Delaware Business Times: Senate confirms Paul Fioravanti to Chancery.
- WBOC: Veteran Corporate Law Attorney Confirmed to Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Office of the Governor: Governor Carney’s Statement on Senate Confirmation of Paul Fioravanti, Jr. to Court of Chancery.
- DelMarVa Public Radio: Corporate Lawyer Appointed to Delaware Bench.
The News Journal discusses Justice Montgomery-Reeves’ appointment to the Delaware Supreme Court with reference to Delaware’s progressive role in civil rights jurisprudence in Delaware’s first black Supreme Court justice to take oath of office Friday.
WDEL relates Justice Montgomery-Reeves’ personal inspirations and the career path that led to her appointment to the Delaware Supreme Court in Delaware’s 1st African-American Supreme Court justice on shattering the glass ceiling: ‘I stand on the shoulders of so many giants’.
Delaware State News discusses Justice Montgomery-Reeves’ service on the Delaware Court of Chancery and her appointment to the Delaware Supreme Court in Trailblazing justice, 38, reflects on joining Delaware’s highest court.
The Supreme Court of the United States has granted certification to hear appeal of the Third Circuit’s decision invalidating a “political balance” provision of Delaware’s constitution, which limits appointments of State Court judges by political party affiliation, intended to ensure the Courts are not controlled by one party.
- The Cape Gazette discusses the issue in Future of state’s bipartisan courts heads to Washington.
- Delaware Public Media discusses the issue in U.S. Supreme Court to settle fate of Delaware judicial balance requirement.
- The Epoch Times discusses the issue in Supreme Court to Consider if States Can Choose Judges on Party Affiliation.